When it comes to managing pain there are various techniques used that are dependent on the type of pain that you are experiencing. Pain can either suddenly appear due to an injury and can be acute or it can build slowly over time. Pain that builds over time and does not go away is known as chronic pain and it can range from being mild to being severe.
Medical providers that help with pain management in Los Angeles note that it is important to watch acute pain, because if not treated, it can turn into chronic pain! Here are seven easy ways that will help you manage your pain!
- Figure out whether it is acute or chronic and then treat it accordingly. If you have been experiencing the same pain for over a month, then you need to get it looked at to ensure you are treating it properly.
- Stay hydrated with water and not coffee or juice as they may actually aggravate chronic conditions. Water can help lessen headaches and even back pain.
- Make sure you are not eating foods that induce inflammation. Rather foods that alleviate inflammation, like leafy greens or low sugar fruits, can help with lessening the pain you have.
- Yoga or meditation can help decrease stress and help calm down your mind. Stress will wreak havoc on your body, so training to relax yourself can help chronic pain in the long run.
- Think about your posture when you are sitting. Don’t get into the habit of that c-slump! This can actually impair blood flow and nerves. This puts strain on your back and neck which does not help chronic pain!
- If diet and lifestyle changes are not helping, think about using hypnosis, acupuncture, or another alternative medicine.
It is important that you talk about your pain management in Los Angeles with an accredited doctor as chronic pain is one the most debilitating conditions, no matter the cause. Not being able to experience daily life activities because of pain is not okay!